Guide for Forum Newcomers

That reminds me of another category:

The Santas - :santa: they make lists and they check them twice, in order to find out who’s naughty and nice. Very scary… so you better watch out :wink:

1 Like

Make me an offer I can’t refuse, and I’ll name names.

3 Likes

You make my year. Starting my last working day reading this posts… priceless. Thanks so much. :joy:

3 Likes

My favorite bit so far is how to recognize the contrarians:
You repeat their own words to them and if they still oppose you, then they’re contrarians. :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

This is (allegedly) the season of good deeds, so I wanted to show for once my altruistic side. Now I can be my bad self again without remorse. :rofl:
Thank you so much, Johnlittle! I am glad you liked the thread.
Enjoy the holidays! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

NOW I KNOW WHY I LIKE YOU…WE ARE SISTERS FROM ANOTHER MOTHER
I think the world would be a better place if there were more peeps like us…lol

3 Likes

Yes, the world would be like paradise! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

As an only child, I’m happy I’ve found here a couple of lost sisters.
Cheers, Mystry, happy holidays!

3 Likes

Très chère miri,
Un test très simple pour avoir une idée des personnalités des joueurs
Observez simplement, l’image qu’ils renvoient dans leurs écussons :
les agressifs (animaux sauvages ou féroces)
les solitaires (animaux isolés, cadres lugubres)
les anonymes (absences de profils)
les égocentriques (portraits en gros plans)
etc
Il n’empêche que je vous aime tous, même les joueurs de Bingo

3 Likes

Très Cher Mactrom,
Bienvenu sur le Forum, et merci bien pour tes intéressantes et amusantes considérations.
Naturellement j’ai suivi ton conseil et j’ai regardé immédiatement ton écusson. Je vois que tu fais part des anonymes!:slight_smile:
Mon profil est très court et pourrait transmettre l’impression que je sois une femme laconique, de peu de mots, mais je ne suis pas sûre que les personnes qui me connaissent soient d’accord.:rofl:

J’espère de te revoir bientôt ici sur le Forum ou aux tables.
Joyeuses Fêtes!

2 Likes

I gotta be me

and so do you

The Grammarians - Notice every misuse of the English language - incorrectly parsed sentences, improper verb and adverb agreement and, of course, spelling - though that can often be (be often, often be - anyone want to take a guess?) attributed to poor typing. Grammarians refrain from ever saying anything as it will come across as arrogant and their input does not help keep the discussion focused and on topic. Grammarians who/that (anyone want to take a guess?) say anything on this subject are immediately reclassified as Assholes.

6 Likes

In my first post I forgot an important category. To know about these powerful groups, though, can spare you some upleasant surprises!

Family Clans – Family relationships amongst Forum posters are not evident upon first sight. Of course, it would be helpful if members of the same family bore a single name, with numbers or other signs to distinguish between them, but they mostly prefer to act undercover.
Nevertheless, thanks to all those instructive movies with Al Pacino and Robert de Niro, we know that Forum feuds are kept burning from generation to generation. No offense against any component of the clan, real or alleged, is ever forgotten, and soon or later it must be washed with blood!
So now, if you find yourself suddenly the object of an unjustified, violent bombardment of insults and death threats from a poster, you’ll know to think, “Oops, I must have sullied the honour of his brother, cousin, father, son, uncle, or grand-father 1, 2, 3, 4, or 10 years ago!”

“Soul sisters” don’t count. They follow other laws - most especially because they are seldom women of honour.

2 Likes

We need a definition for the soul sisters now :grin:

2 Likes

The Merry Wives of Replay? (Please forgive the literary citation LOL)

2 Likes

2 Likes

The Saint and the Evil Sisters? Now Maya, guess who are the evil sisters.

1 Like

I know who the Saint is LOL
That leaves us with… Uh oh! :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I would advise a new person to the table to be careful of the same people who play every game at the same table. They both arrive together and leave together and their betting against one another is rare if not suspect.

2 Likes

An attempt to discredit a person or persons through your elite knowledge of the English language falls short… the last word in your statement…

1 Like