Fast Royal Flush

Hiya Everyone,

I wondered if anyone could answer me a quick question regarding odds ?
Recently I played a hand with another player out of which I managed to get a Royal Flush with just 9 cards dealt. ( 2 cards each and the 5 on the table)
Does anyone know the actual odds of this happening?
I would love to know. I did save the Royal to my profile.

Many Thanks

Shady :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I don’t know the odds, but please shake my hand to bring me that sort of luck, so glad you saved it! Well done :clap:

3 Likes

don’t know for sure, but i once read on the internet that getting a royal flush is somewhat harder then 1 in 30000. assuming you wanna know for both players it should be somewhere around 1 in 15000.

also have to say it’s a while ago i checked, and IIRC i haven’t checked it’s trustworthyness.

1 Like

Job well done and congrats. I don’t know the real odds either but in over 2 years here I have only gotten 4 or 5.

Love when that happens :grinning:

Congrats

1 Like

Congrats on being graced with the ultimate hand. The odds of being dealt a royal flush in five cards is 1 in 649,740. Adding additional cards (subsequent streets in Hold’em, draw cards at draw poker, or later cards at 7 stud, etc.) produces lower odds, but likely costs more to see due to potential betting by opponents in the hand. So, you still have to consider the pot odds–but when it does come, it’s a heck of a rush, isn’t it?

4 Likes

Haha… thanks Grapevine … It took me by surprise I tell ya ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your response Yiaz … appreciated :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Craig
It’s the second one I had. One in August 2017 One in December 2017
The latter was pretty special as I was only playing with one other person,
Yes it’s a great rush when it happens ! :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the info Alan, much appreciated ! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Shady,
Congratulations on the Royal Flush.
There are 20 cards used not 52 you need to take that in account
when determining the odds of making a royal flush.
There must be a formula to figure out the odds.
Very nice thread!!!

1 Like

Thanks Mark,

If there are only 20 cards used, surely that shortens the odds ? I think ?
confused.com :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

Hi Shady,

I think Mark was assuming you were playing Royal, not normal Holdem, in normal holdem you would have had 52 cards.

1 Like

Confused.com hahahahaha, hahahahaha :+1:t2:

1 Like

Omg I did wonder haha … :+1:

1 Like

What you giggling at Craigy haha

1 Like

Then again if you were playing hold’em yes 52 cards would be the determining factor in figuring the odds. I assumed he was playing Royal but we all know what
happens when you assume something you make an assume out of u and me.
Hahaha!!!

I HAVE HAD 7 OF THEM ON REPLAY POKER .

2 Likes

gratz

Hey Rob, saw you’ve had 7 of em here at RP & that’s outstanding . But since April 2013, I have 9. I also gathered 1 @ PokerStars and 2 @ Absolute . Take care and good luck. Peace .

1 Like

NICE MY WIFE GOT 1 ALSO