Do you ever reject a friendship request?

Hi there. I only unfriended once. A chap who is a fellow South African, who continually bombarded me with his business successes and the like, only to find out he was jobless and boarding with one of his children for free. I believe life is too short to waste time on individuals like that.

1 Like

I understand. It’s the internet, and people can say anything and pretend to be anyone. But if one is being genuine and honest with others, the very least to expect is a bit of honesty from those you consider friends, even if just online friends.

2 Likes

Ha, I thought I was the only one that was conscious of this :slight_smile: I would not reject the request but I do sometimes let it sit there until I can hopefully pass their money total :slight_smile: Most times though, I just bite the bullet and rather have the friend and slip down the line a notch!

1 Like

After almost 2 years here I’ve only rejected one. It was an “All In” a**hole w/ something like 50 chips in his/her bank and I thought to myself is this person effing serious ? Otherwise,if I’ve played with him/her I pretty much automatically accept,strangers though do get checked. Overall, I must say that 90+% of my “friends” here are pretty cool people, win,lose or draw.

I never reject a friend request but sometimes I just ignore them. Reasons? Same reasons as SharonSmarty . But now, if I accept a friend request and after I do, they never answer a hi, or a gl or a nh I just delete them. I dont have lot of friends but I have nice people in my list.

2 Likes

I been on here a coupla years or so and I have like 30 requests from people I never even spoke to…I do not understand why they make the request…

I send a friend request when I find good players that respect each other (even when no one is chatting) because it makes it easier to find those respectful, good players another day.
Most nights I can sit down at a 9 seat ring table that develops a waiting list with several spectators (with no chat sometimes other than maybe a nh and ty on a killer hand).
It wasn’t that long ago that I had a hard time finding a “good” table.

3 Likes

Sometimes, it’s because they admired your play, or because they found you polite. Some may have found your chat amusing or friendly. In some cases, it may be to a player the sender found “easy to beat.” The reasons are all different. If the player sending it isn’t obnoxious, what the heck?

4 Likes

Hello Ms. Brownies!
Yes I definitely reject a lot of request.
I always go to their profile and check their friends list.
If none of my friends are on their list…REJECT!
It might be unfair to most , to judge them that way.
But oh well… A si es la Vida!
Go pocket Deuces!

1 Like

I totally agree with Grateful-Ed

When I joined the first time here, I usually accepted any request, and I sent several requests too! But lately I thought that It’s useless to have people that neither say “hi” at the table, and they r in my friends’list. So? The order was clear: DELETE 'EM ALL. lol
Of course not all all, but those who don’t say “Hi”, or those with I never chatted at the table.
I have few contacts now, I talk with them at the table or by private messages.
And I have a couple of moderators, just in case, lmao (and anyway, I chat with them at the table when they r on).

1 Like

I agree with you why request me as a friend but then don’t say hi and not even a ty if I say nh… I also delete them from my friends list and but a private note on them as an unfriendly just in case they request friends again.

1 Like

Hi Sharon.

2 Likes

Nah.

A lonely person passing by. q_q

I have never unfriended anyone that I recall. There was one player sending me some off-color jokes, and I simply asked that any jokes be ones I could tell at church… I’ve collected some really good ones from that correspondence.
I have read this topic with great interest since I ask everyone I play with to be my friend… and I take notes about our games.etc. That way I can follow the course of our friendship… Frequently someone will say that I am the first person to ask …
I got the habit of greeting folks when I dealt live poker at the Hayward Club in Hayward, Ca, back in 1973. . As a courtesy, I found it useful to greet the table when I was a Moderator because it was only the colored text revealed a moderator was playing too. Asking folks to be friends is just a natural extension of that courtesy for me, as is giving good wishes to those going all in, and players leaving the table.
I find that I have a circle of MTT friends, one of Rebuy friends, and one of ring game friends. Several folks appear in all circles!!! I am so grateful for the friends here at Replay…
There are also folks who encouraged me when Mom was living with me… and as I mourned her loss.
Lastly, My Dad has a circle of friends from “My Daddy’s Poker Rules” that appears in my profile. All in all, Replay has been very friendly to my entire family!!!

2 Likes

I seldom accept friends requests. Why would I accept as a friend some one I have never met just because we happen to be at the same table once? It seems to me that this of no value to either of us!

You have a valid point corni. Someone I accepted a friend request from just unfriended me because I wouldn’t support his whining on the forum.
I still feel it’s worth taking a chance for the most part. It’s not like they’re movin’ in with me. And, as has been mentioned before, sometimes the friend request is the last thing you ever hear from them. :wink:

1 Like

Just because someone is on your table doesn’t mean you are automatically BFF’s … but if you enjoy someones sense of humor or game play … why not ?

3 Likes

Oh so thats why u sent me the request years ago sharon :slight_smile: