Poker quotations

it takes more balls to fold a strong hand then to bet a weak hand

1 Like

If you want to make money playing poker, make your opponent think you have a great hand. If you really want to make money playing poker, make them think you don’t. Doll :slight_smile:

1 Like

*One thing even a poker face cannot hide is love.”
― Tapan Ghosh, Faceless The Only Way Out

2 Likes

That would be true.

1 Like

That right there is the mantra of a lotta players around here,

This may have only been in the movie version, and not in Jessup’s novel The Cincinnati Kid, but it has stuck in my mind all these years.
Lancey, the Man (played by E. G. Robinson) the Kid was trying to beat has just taken the Kid’s entire stack by catching a straight flush against the Kid’s full house. The Kid (played by Steve McQueen) asks:
“How could you do that? Everybody knows a draw like that’s against the odds.”
“Kid, the difference between being good and being great is knowing when to do the wrong thing at the right time.”

2 Likes

Poker is like sex… most people aren’t nearly as good as they think they are.

3 Likes

The cardinal sin in poker is becoming emotionally involved.

-Katy Lederer-

6 Likes

That’s a great quote Tiandra. I NEVER get emotionally involved in my poker cards, my poker MONEY, now that’s another thing :sunglasses:

it doesn’t matter how strong your hand is when you assume someone has a better hand.

you play well if you understand the math of the betsize, but you play great if you understand the story of the betsize.

River me once, shame on you.
River me twice, shame on you as well.

3 Likes

Look at the game from opponent’s perspective.

-Gus Hansen-

1 Like

“Poker is a combination of luck and skill. People think mastering the skill part is hard, but they’re wrong. The trick to poker is mastering the luck.”

-Jesse May-

Zen-poker
Poker is fun. Poker going but also hurt. Who wants to win, needed patience and self-control. Impatience and greed will be punished. Poker is often unfair. Playing poker is a journey to himself. You meet angels and demons. We had ups and downs. You could cry and jump out the window, racing rage and experienced the peak of happiness just two minutes later. Poker is an inexplicable Enigma. Poker seduced and you have to learn to let go. Playing poker is exciting. Poker is a lie. Only who is lying good plays well. Poker is also awful truth. Playing poker is sometimes very boring. Poker is good for the circulation, because you always stand up for the All-In. Playing poker is meditation. Playing poker is the prayer book of the devil. If I win I’m very close. Playing poker is enlightenment. Poker is Zen.

Andre

1 Like

Life is like a poker game, it’s not what you’re given its how you use it.

1 Like

Poker has the feeling of a sport, but you don’t have to do push ups.

-Penn Jillette-

2 Likes

pure randomness require some streaks and patterns

one thing better then to find your opponents leaks is to find your own.

there is no such thing as quick wins in poker.
there are only slow wins or quick losses.