CONTEST - Which opponent do you feel most confident to win against?

D for sure, they usually have too much confidence and go all in all the time but they normally lose more hands than win. Just a matter of time if you sit and wait them out.

B will win easy they are going to play poker not bingo no chance 4 C

D because I’m such a novice, hopefully I have a little more knowledge/experience than a newby… and can catch a couple good hands to win

:wink:

Hi all

“My money"s” on A. Why?

…their skill and experience can actually be a disadvantage. How?

…they too readily profile opponents play and categorize them prematurely. Consequence?

…I can play a certain style, whether that be loose or tight or any really but in such an obvious, deliberate and persistent way that the gun is drooling at his chance to bust me out…based on his vast library of knowledge of playing all styles of play.

Then the trap is set. I make a switch in playing style which is contrary to how I have been playing…especially in a particular spot where he won’t be expecting it. Hopefully I get a big pot and if not he is now uncertain about my method which will put him off his regular game.

1 Like

I’d have to go with C - luck changes, and I’m patient. A bad player will make a mistake and I can capitalize on that. Honestly though, I’d love to play all of them…just let me know which is which and I’ll know how to play them :wink: . Figuring out which category everyone fits into is one of the biggest challenges in poker.

2 Likes

This is to be expected from the master of the carrion technique. :wink:

As you said, if you have an idea of how a person plays you can adjust accordingly. Typically, the opposite of the overall table feel and the most dangerous player(s) will win the day.

As for the question in OP: D & C, possibly B.

• D) A new player to the site doesn’t know the quirks of the site yet.
  • C) A bad player that is lucky can be beat in the long run by playing good hands very aggressively.
  • B) A player that’s been around a long time with a lot of chips could have bought those chips. I know of several. As such, it isn’t a huge clue to ability.
  • A) The expert is always going to be a tough opponent no matter how lucky they are.
2 Likes

B. Just for the possibility of some kind of predictability.

Thanks to all who participated in this fun question by @Maya – it was great to see the thought processes around your choices! My apologies for drawing this one a day late, but the winners have now been selected. :slight_smile:

The first thing I learned from tallying up the answers is that only @sodadad feels confident against the unlucky expert, who points out that skill and experience may sometimes be a detriment (especially if they lack luck).

For the rest of you, you feel most confident against the lucky bad player! As many of you pointed out, luck can change. This just barely edged out the high-ranking player who’s been a long-time member of the site, of which you mentioned you’d better know their playstyle.

Thanks again for the great answers! As always, I’ve used random.org to draw winners from the spreadsheet, and those are …

@TheKnutts
@Maya (the first time someone’s won their own contest, I believe!)
@Grateful_ed
@sodadad
@Fozman

Because of my lateness, I drew one additional player as a winner, and that person is …

@feelmysins

You are now all 100k chips richer! :money_with_wings:

Thanks again to everyone who participated! We’ll have something new for you next month.

4 Likes

It was an interesting thread… thank you and I look forward to the next one! :grin:

Thank you for the free chips, least I’m having some good luck somewhere!!..lol, sure has been at the tables for many moons :unamused:

I meant has NOT, lol

Thanks to all for the fun and interesting replies, and to replay for all those zeros!