CONTEST - What quality do you appreciate in other players?

+I’ve been playing online free poker for over 15 years. What I appreciate more than anything is players who respect the game. Granted, that is more common when players pay to play and less common when the chips are free.

I’ve won tournaments with 10,000 entries(twice) on another poker web site, so I feel I have enough experience to make my observations factual.

I do not play as many tournaments, since my time to do that is limited now. And cannot afford to lose money(on a fixed income), so I am playing now just for fun.

Replay is a really nice place to play.

HandyMac

I completely agree with everything you both said! Awesome!

I love a great sense of humor on the tables, and try to keep people laughing…

I will say, however, that sometimes people can’t respond - some have connection issues, some don’t speak English, and at least 1 person I know has been muted by Replay for a year. So while I dislike the silent tables and the non-reply as well, I do realize that it may not always just because they’re rude or non-social…

Just my 2 cents…

2 Likes

I prefer “Quietness” silence … I also prefer speed. Because that’s how I learned to play the original Poker, back in the 50s.

I remember my father playing with his friends; every week it was played in the house of a different one. It was not allowed to talk, for that purpose lunch was served, and sometimes dinner. It was also not allowed to semblance, or touch the chips. I remember that the one who did not answer in three seconds, was out of the game.

They were all businessmen, they played for pleasure, but it was pleasure with respect to these rules.

For the conversations, attentions, respect, and good manners, the moments were when they arrived, usually with their wives, during lunches and dinners, and when they said goodbye until the next meeting.

But over time everything changes, people, customs, places, rules, and even Poker itself. The ability for a wise person is to adapt and update to new circumstances.

In these last 75 short years, we went from the absence of TV, to play Poker through the Internet. It is not easy to imagine what it will be like in the year 2100.

The attitude of Warmth & Good Manners must accompany us at all times, and the Skill, is something positive that leads us to progress, and something natural in the human being.

I appreciate a player who folds…and especially when they fold the best hand…

Bulldog i agree with u when someone doesnt say ty or whatever after u say nh. it used to bother me a little and u might think they are a jerk, maybe some are but i think that most that dont respond back are busy multitasking and not even looking at the chat box, ive heard many minutes later ,sorry i was multitasking 1,000 times. not every player is staring at the chat box every time someone types something so they miss a lot of things said, these players are the type that find chat a less priority than the chatters that have to see everything someone says every time and cant miss anything. like u said some from other countries cant speak english, some are muted, some mute all players so they cant see any chat cause they wanna focus on the game, the list goes on, so if no one responds back then think of all those things as a possible reason why they dont reply back and move on to the next hand.

I would go with B. As my motto says, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” Some people don’t like to talk and I can appreciate that. I don’t mind talking. I’d be the first to admit that I can get irritated at the outcome of a game, but that would be about 2% of the time and mostly, I keep my thoughts to myself. The fact that it is only a game with play money takes precedence and I soon move on to the next adventure.

1 Like

I opt for B but A is a close second.

It is a great time I spend playing poker! Indeed, B good manners are important, but we are not here for moral and ethical competition. C, Skill is something I seek to sharpen and there are many competitors who meet the standards. However, I do not believe that there is big room for skill without luck. With the games I choose, I am lucky to have few friends who have the sense of humor we need to either improve the already positive energy, or decrease the effect of a losing hand!! Nevertheless, we have to be careful that our “sense of humor” does not become offensive to others!

All in all, I am glad to have the time and chance to be on the tables of replay poker.

1 Like

i like players who keep religeon and politics out of game.also those who spell good

ok, ive read all the remarks and I’d like to weigh in…B & C &E are my top 3 in that order. Most of you have played with me and know I’m rarely silent. I play poker for the game but mostly for the chat. I think we have a lot of very interesting characters here and if we are silent how ever would we know.
I love to win but even more than that I LOVE to have a good time doing it!!
Thank you to all of the players who have chatted with me and made me laugh (even while they were beating me black and blue).

4 Likes

I appreciate “SKILL” in other players. Ranking should be based on “SKILL”.
I appreciate all table madness in any form it takes.
RUDNESS, SWEETNESS, ANGER, FRIENDSHIP, COURTING, etc. ;-D

Good manners. Pros that call rookies idiots because they win a hand with luck of the draw when holding on to bad hands should just be quiet.

1 Like

Bulldog, you are right, of course :slight_smile:
When somebody congratulates a player who I know is muted, I reply for them: I’m sure he would now say tyvm, if only he could. :slight_smile:
I don’t think we are criticising players or their behaviour here, or try to change their character, at least I’m not. We are reasoning, theoretically, of what would be for us the best atmosphere at a table to make our poker experience particularly enjoyable. Well, maybe together with winning. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi mystrygirl, um i dont think there is an E here for a choice, unless u added a 5th choice for urself, its A,B,C, or D would love to know what the E choice is???

Yes ma’am, I understood that - my point was more for others who get so irritated with those that are silent (made the same point in my own post on this topic). Though I don’t know you - don’t recall ever having played with you - I can tell from your posts here that you’re a wonderful person and someone I’d enjoy playing with.

And you’re right… The topic was what you valued in playing - what the ideal situation is for each of us on Replay.

In that vein, I agree with you completely!

Especially the winning part! LOL

1 Like

I believe in first 10 replies to the Question E got 3 votes…

A) Warmth…I have met some of the Friendliest Poker Addicts here and most make this a very fun game!

For the most part understanding that this is a free website I enjoy when people play professionally, I guess is the word, but I also enjoy that they understand the thought of a lot of people going all in. when they do that there some that complain about bingo players but that doesn’t make any sense to me when you know they’re going to be here. I enjoy watching the ones that sit back and wait for the chance to take them out. Understanding the situation and using it to your advantage is a welcomed skill. Sitting there and complaining is a waste of time. Although I’ll complain as much as the next guy I try to use the examples set by others to turn lemons into lemonade.

I love players that call when I have the nuts, and fold when I am bluffing. It just does not get any better than playing against such players.

Good manners for sure lets all ahve fun!