CONTEST - How skilled do you consider yourself to be?

When I come home from work on Sunday I start out as any little “a” but later on Sundays after Stampede I call myself a big “A” By Monday when I start my days off I quickly move into a small “b” after the 1st game or two. And by mid day I am a Full big “B”, Monday evening can go either way, back to little “b” or up to little “c” by Tuesday I have moved into C- with hopes of grandeur for a late push into C+ by early evening, If all goes as planned by late evening on Tuesday I can call myself a tiny “d” knowing that the 4am alarm will send me back to work and that all my letters can drop back into place for my Sunday restart as a little “a” … :slight_smile:

6 Likes

that was almost poetic :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

While I have won my share over the past 20 years or so, I still consider myself an amateur (C). I just like to play for fun and socialize while I play. I have found Replay to be fun and have made a few “friends” so far in the 2 months I’ve been playing here. Like one of the great ones said: “Texas Hold-em takes a few minutes to learn and a lifetime to master”.

1 Like

“There’s been a lot of discussion about skill level on the forum lately, and we’re curious: How skilled do you consider yourself to be? We’ve given some basic answers and explanations here, but I’m interested in hearing your own justifications about what makes a poker player “skilled” and where you think you fall.”

This one has gotten a large response, and while I am really ‘late to the party’ I have a little time so I thought I’d put my two cents into this ‘pot’… :>)) …

I’ve been here for 4 years now, and while I have learned a lot, I have also gotten old and less mentally ‘ready’ for my poker encounters of late, the result being my ‘rank’ has doubled in size from the 2000’s to the 4000’s, and I know I just don’t have it any more…

So ‘skill-wise’ I’m just here for the mental exercise I get, gone are the aspirations of making a ‘mark’ here…

Very grateful for this place, though, I have looked elsewhere and played elsewhere (including, live and in color, :>)) ) , and my opinion is REPLAY is the best free poker site on the web… Plain and simple…

When it gets to where I am embarrassing myself I will stop coming here… But for now, thanks for the opportunity… Poker here is one of my favorite internet pastimes…

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure there’s a young whippersnapper embarrassing themselves here every second or two.
I read posts here the big dogs write regarding in-depth strategies and my dang head goes numb…but
I ain’t gonna let age hold me back from playing until I’m no longer able to figure out how a mouse works :grin:

3 Likes

well i thought i was good , but am suprised at how wrong it can all go

1 Like

Grandy, I’m a Geezer myself, and use that term ‘whippersnapper’ on occasion, lol, BUT…

One of the great lessons of life that I have learned is not to compare myself with others, let alone the stinkin’ “whippersnappers” who haven’t got a clue when it comes to functioning successfully in the real world…

What’s the point of doing that??? lol… I’ve had a successful career and life so far, and am living large, as they say, lol… What have they done??? … lol…

1 Like

I consider myself to be an unskilled amateur, that plays like a beginner, and looks like a seasoned expert.

I’m revising my earlier assessment from amateur ( C ) to a seasoned beginner ( BA ). LOL It seems that I know how to beat most of my opponents but dang it if these cards don’t undo much of my good work. As I said on another thread, I need a lot of work on my rungood.

Maybe this site can implement a Bad-Beat jackpot? That would at least give the insane hands we see all the time some upside? Why not since there’s a bonus for pretty much everything else you can do here?

I’m a B hoping to Season up to a C.

A (Beginning) all the way…

In the same boat with the rest of you…

Can’t compete with the “real winners”…

1 Like

always remember when you and the table are playing for vapor money. The play is not the same as on a money table at any club in this country.

Hey, seasoned, learning patience…lol

–C-- Made a mistake… I’m a C hoping to get to B… Make mistakes at Table and on this Contest…

C +1/2

I would say I’m a seasoned player because i win big pots most of the time. :))

Skilled enough when I play with real money, but here on the site where money has no value, I just play to amuse myself when there isn’t anything good to watch on TV.

1 Like

C, Just enjoy Playing the different games offered.

Give yourself more credit than that, Larry! I have watched you do well!

I’m totally erratic. If I’m in a good mood, I can often be at the lead, but I have bouts of self destruction, even within a game, and blow it almost on purpose. Though I can’t help it. I#m not too interested in being good, just really finding out about myself, through learning to play in my own idiosyncratic way.