CONTEST - A rose by any other name

Ali is my name but Kun I choose it because I like Aguero
Just :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

I first started playing no limit in a friends old converted bus. The name of the bus was “BUSTER” . I just changed the last letter to A instead of R

I owned and operated a pizza takeout for over 17 yrs…therefore was called the PizzaLady!!!

Well, I had another nick first. Made lots of friends, got to around 95M, and got bored so I quit. But then, after a while, I thought about rejoining. The question I put to myself was: Shall I? And of course, that’s also what one wonders when deciding whether or not to bet.
So there you have it :wink:

This contest is now closed! You are welcome to continue sharing the story of your username, or discussing your favorites, but only the responses above this post are eligible for the contest.

Winners will be posted shortly! :tada:

We had an incredible turnout for this contest! Thank you so much to all of you who took the time to share your stories, and @Alan25main for suggesting the idea.

Because we had so many participants, we’ve decided to award TEN players instead of the planned five! These players were chosen randomly using random.org, and I’ve listed them below, along with what they shared about their names:

@The_Flame: “Flameling is my last name, hence The Flame. Many years ago some of my friends gave me this nickname, and I have used it eversince.”

@vetteman95: “In 2000, I purchased a 1995 Corvette and named it Eleanor 2 after the Mustang in Gone in 60 seconds. I had wanted a corvette since I was a teenager and when I finally got one, it was the fulfillment of a dream! I started playing poker online about the same time and of course, only vetteman95 would do. I sold Eleanor after 15 years and bought a new cadilac CTS and named her Eleanor Too.”

@okiato-fisher: “I changed my user name because I thought it may change my luck & also I had moved to a new location
I now live in Okiato N.Z where I go fishing as much as I can.
Hense the name Okiato -fisher.”

@rralgol: “Hello all: the first 2 letters are my initials. The rest is the name of the star beta persei, the second brightest star in the constellation perseus. It is an eclipsing binary which means as one star passes in front of the other , the eclipse causes what looks like one star to get brighter and then dimmer on a regular basis. To one one the ground, it looks like the star is blinking at you. For that reason, it was dubbed the ‘demon star’ or al ghul (think batman and league of assassins here) which became algol. so we end up with rralgol.”

@nighthawk14: “hello nighthawk is my (aka) way back when I ran on a cb and I picked Blackhawk but come to find out a trucker in the city I lived in had that name as his cb handle, so I took up nighthawk as mine.
now I use it as my also known as (aka) anything I go on ( games ) I use nighthawk.
and also I can see very well in the dark, so night for the dark hawk as I have eyes like a hawk so nighthawk.”

@diamondaze: “My surname is Day and the first tourney I won (on a previous site) I got lucky with a diamond flush, so I threw the 2 together for this site. The idea was that it would be lucky…looks like I’m going to have to just improve my game and ditch the luck plan.”

@Bufude: “During the Korean war, the Air Force sent me to Yale University to study the Chinese language, as the FBI had already determined that I was eligible for a top secret codeword clearance. The professors translated our American names into Chinese, and I kind of adopted it as my username on most of the websites that I visit. In Chinese, last names come first, so Frederick Brenner became Bu,Fu De. Bu means stride, and Fu De is just an approximation of Fred.”

@Medvin: “My mother name was May Edvinsen and heheh. I loved wine on that time i made my nick name. Med Vin = With wine in norwegian :wink:

@CarolinaBabe: “I use my screen name because my hubby always called me his CarolinaBabe.
That was the first name that come to me when i signed up.
He was killed in an accident. I still miss him so much! But I know I am still his
CarolinaBabe.”

@malpua7: “My username in Replay Poker is malpua7. This is my username because malpua is a sweet that I enjoy eating from another country in the world and when I play in Replay Poker and chat with somebody and they say that I’m sweet, I feel like my username is very suitable.”

Each player listed above now has an extra 100,000 chips in their bank!

Thank you all again for participating. I loved reading each of your stories – the short, the long, the heartfelt, and the silly. It’s great to know each of you a little bit better.

There are more giveaways around the corner – stay tuned! We have something up our sleeves that we’re pretty excited about. I hope to say more later this week. :slight_smile:

1 Like

So if I call you Bark Lady, or Stumper, you’re cool with that :slight_smile:

Congrats to all the winners and thanks to Replay for another chance at free chips! :v:

Thanks for this contest. This is what makes the difference. Love your work at replay.

Thanks so much!

And thanks to Alan25Main for the idea.

I was surprised. I have never won anything before.

It is a great and sad feeling at the same time.

2 Likes

zenbuddhist;:- you have to be given your poker name by someone else, it’s an unbreakable tradition. I was given mine because I used yo go into the tank a lot at my club. And also, of course i am a zenbuddhist

a h

A post was merged into an existing topic: User Name