Chatting with your Friends

I have started this topic to enable people to meet up here and chat about anything under the sun, from what they had for lunch to what they have been watching on the TV, or even somewhere interesting they have visited or a book they have read.One topic will hopefully lead to another, and we may all learn something new!

It is totally informal, just ramble on about whatever takes your fancy, the only restrictions are the normal Code of Conduct rules regarding abuse of individuals, politics, racial comments and site bashing!

Happy Chatting!

4 Likes

I have the cutest grandkids in the world!!!
Any challengers? :grinning:

2 Likes

You want to start World War Three Grandy!! Am pretty sure you will get a few others challenging that one. I say all grandkids are cute!

You’re right Kate, I just wanted to be the 1st to comment :rofl:

2 Likes

You also have the cutest son in the world :blush:
Trevor?

Hello, who is this Trevor and why have I not heard about him?

1 Like

He’s GrandyB 's son.

4 Likes

I am seriously impressed! You must be really proud of your son Randy, what a talented young man!

1 Like

Does any of you play any musical instrument? I don’t. One of the things I regret not doing at an earlier age.

I used to have the cutest grandkids in the world, but now I have the cutest great-grandkids in the world. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I don’t really play a musical instrument but I have about 30 guitars and about a dozen amplifiers. My wife asks why I keep buying them. I answer that I’m still looking for one I can play…:grin:

2 Likes

I like beer (and anything containing alcohol), but since January 1st I have quit drinking.

Hi my name is Larry, and I am an alcoholic.

Cheers!

5 Likes

The best of luck Larry, it is not easy but rewarding if you can stick with it

1 Like

Have stopped before for as short as a week and as long as a year and a half. Unfortunately I always find some foolish reason to relapse )

2 Likes

I tried playing the piano Maya but did not have the talent, my hands did not produce what my head was wanting them to! I also very much regret not taking more foreign languages beyond the first year, I envy people who are multi-lingual

Larry it’s not easy at all, and relapse is always a threat. Are you doing it alone this time? I suggest you get all the help and support you can get. The more help and support you have, the less likely you are to relapse. I really wish you all the best and hope that this time you will be successful! I know how hard it is and you’re already strong enough for having done it before and for doing it now. Just keep it up.

4 Likes

Hey I speak a few of those! Hehe! You just made me feel better about not learning to play musical instruments :slight_smile: Thanks Kate :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I play piano for home use but good enough to play what I like. But I am missing time to practise.

There are no grandkids (of course they are cute and you can give them back!!!) for me so far. Lets see what will come up from my 2 Kids (22 and 25). There is still time.

Best of luck for Larry to stop drinking. I am still with cigarettes and havent even started to quit but this will happen.

Foreign languages??? My English is reasonable but my German is quite good :wink:
Nothing more here except the typical tourist knowledge… What a strip in just one post…

… and far and away the best … I am owning the thinnest book in the World … drum roll …

“1000 Years of German Humour” :smiley:

All the best for you and yours in 2019. Health, peace and a little fortune at the tables (as long as I am not with you in the same hand).

2 Likes

He’s my 1st born son and we play on RP when he has time (IckyAlbatross).
I tried to talk him into applying for a PRep position (because we get some pretty fun tables happening most times) but he was concerned he couldn’t commit the time…maybe someday :grin:
Maya, when you first commented on that video I told him and it made him blush :blush:

3 Likes

Yes, good luck Larry…I have a good friend (very respectable and smart) that keeps going on and off the wagon…it must be tough but you can do it bud :slightly_smiling_face:

John, I smoked for 44 years until I finally switched to vaping.
My crazy coughing immediately subsided…now I’m working on quitting altogether. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

7 Likes