Blizzard 2018

Anyone else in Massachusetts or near Massachusetts? We’ve got a March Blizzard! About 20 - 24 inches (2 feet) in total forecasted. Below is a video I took along with some photos.

-Marc

2 Likes

wow that looks cold. (freezing cold)
nice pictures, glad i am not there

1 Like

The worst part about this storm that started around 4:00am is that not one plow has been on my street all day.

-Marc

Shrewsbury–about 40 miles south of you, Marc, and just west of I-495–“only” got about 15". Thank goodness it wasn’t bitter cold. My friend in Norwood, about 50 miles to my southeast says she got over 25" measured on top of an outdoor table. But, I remember the big storm in 1993 when I lived in Leominster; it was 44" over a two-and-a-half day period, almost exactly 25 years ago. That’s the one they called The Storm of the Century. Good luck digging out.

1 Like

Thanks Ron! Here on my street we’re still waiting on the plows. Luckily here we got fluffy snow so it shouldn’t be too tough to shovel.

Still no plows on my street as of 10:25pm

-Marc

1 Like

That’s some very nice pictures Marc.
It looks very cold there. I hope that you don’t get covered in snow. If I was there I would always be on replay poker to pass the time. Not much doing out side there now. Best thing to do is win some poker tournaments:slight_smile: good luck
Mark

1 Like

LOL… Marc, the expression on your face ! … it’s like, … Snow, lots of it… but I know something that you don’t… and I’m not telling! … rofl

1 Like

Mostly thinking about the hot Summer coming in a few months LOL!

-Marc

Hey Marc, I live down in Newtown Connecticut. I can’t believe of how much snow there is!

1 Like

Here where I live we got about 27 inches of snow in total! They’re talking about a potential storm for next week. I’m ready for Spring / Summer!!!

-Marc

1 Like

I guess most of you Massholes are too young to remember the Blizzard of 78. It snowed for 3 days and when it stopped ALL the roads were closed for another 3 days except for the National Guard and emergency vehicles. Long story short,we drank a restaurant and local VFW dry after 3 days and had to bumper ski the NG trucks down rt. 9 to get to the only bar left,a local no-tell motel down the road.Getting there was easy but, needless to say, the 2 AM “ski” home was quite the challenge.

I was living in Leominster then. I wish I’d been able to see that, LOL. Must’ve been a sight.
The reality was most of the “paralysis” was inside 128; northern Worcester County was dug out and functional within 2 days. A lot of the problem was our then-new governor sent all the state workers home at the same time, 1:00PM, and the plows couldn’t plow in the congestion. The same thing happened in 2007 for the same reason.

At the time I was working for a small clothing manufacturer in Waltham and I was heading back up 95 from RI with a van full of finished clothing.By the time I got to 128 it was snowing like a mofo and had to maneuver the gauntlet of stuck trucks and autos.If I had left an hour later I would have been among the poor souls trapped in the 128 “parking lot” that took days to dig out and make the highway passable. If anyone is interested one can google plenty of images of miles of snow trapped vehicles on 128. What made it so bad was that the heavy snowfall coincided with the 4-6 pm rush hour.