4 on the board, top kicker

This one gave me a chuckle. Three players make quads on the same hand!

https://www.replaypoker.com/hand/replay/484213081

1 Like

Sweet!!!

Interesting that no one tried to make a bet, even on the river, to see if one of the other players would fold, not realizing that they had the nuts playing the board, or was not paying attention. Also with the flush draw on the turn, I think I would have made a small bet to see if the opponents wanted to fold. As played it seems like all three players just gave up on the hand.

1 Like

Well, I think only a complete idiot would have folded with quad 6’s on the board with the Ace kicker on the board. There was no way anyone could have improved the hand, and I gave everyone credit for knowing it, so didn’t bother. I actually did have 94 spades, for a flush draw on the Turn, but wasn’t about to bet any street here because: A) it’s only 25% to hit the flush, B) A flush here is a pretty weak hand to bet with, since any Ace or pair has a full house, and someone could have had a 6, and C) if I hit the flush, my 9s wasn’t really high enough to feel confident with it, and D) I knew if anyone called me they would likely only be doing so if they held the 6 (or maybe an Ace) so I decided to leave well enough alone.

Thinking about it a little more, it could have been worth testing to see if anyone had checked the check/fold box, but eh, I’m not that desperate to screw someone out of chips.

No doubt about it, shove the river 100%. There’s no downside, and the possibility of getting a fold from someone. Gotta give them a chance to make a mistake.

1 Like

An all-in could hurt only if there was a rake–in which case every player would lose, but the house would win.

3 Likes

Never misoverestimate opponents on RP.

3 Likes